This Barbecue Chicken Pizza recipe is great for a quick, yet delicious meal either at home or while your vacationing at East Silent Lake Resort. It takes 30 minutes or less to make and will satisfy both your pizza and BBQ chicken cravings instantly. For more information about this recipe, check out www.justataste.com.
30-Minute Barbecue Chicken Pizza
Yield: 1 (12-inch) Pizza
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 12 minutes
• 1 pound store-bought or homemade pizza dough
• Cornmeal, for dusting baking sheet
• 1/2 cup barbecue sauce (**Sweet Baby Rays)
• Divided 1 cup diced rotisserie chicken
• 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
• 1/3 cup thinly sliced red onions
• Chopped cilantro, for garnish
1. Preheat the oven to 500ºF.
2. Roll out the pizza dough on a lightly floured surface until it is roughly 12 inches wide and 1/4-inch thick.
3. Invert a baking sheet and sprinkle it liberally with cornmeal. Transfer the dough to the baking sheet.
4. In a medium bowl, toss together the diced chicken with half (1/4 cup) of the barbecue sauce. Spread the remaining 1/4 cup barbecue sauce on the dough, leaving a 1/2-inch border around the edges.
5. Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese on top of the barbecue sauce, and then evenly distribute the coated chicken atop the cheese. Scatter the red onions atop the chicken.
6. Bake the pizza for 10 to 12 minutes, rotating it half-way through, until the crust is fully baked and golden brown. Remove the pizza from the oven to a cutting board, sprinkle it with chopped cilantro, slice and serve.