Everyone loves chocolate covered Strawberries and now thanks to This Silly Girl’s Life we know how to make them Halloween themed! If you enjoy this recipe make sure that you head on over to their blog for some more sweet treats!
1. 1 lb. (454 g) fresh strawberries, rinsed and dried well
2. 12 oz. (340 g) orange candy melts (such as Wilton)
3. 1/4 cup (35 g) semisweet chocolate chips
4. 1 (12-inch) disposable pastry bag
1. Line a large cookie sheet with wax paper or parchment paper. Set aside. Place
2. candy melts in a microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 1 minute. Stir
3. well. Microwave for 30 seconds more. Stir until smooth.
4. Dip strawberries into melted candy by using the leaves as a handle. Completely
5. cover all of the berry except the leaves. Place on the prepared cookie sheet.
6. Once you have dipped all of the strawberries, place them in the refrigerator for 15-20 minutes.
7. Meanwhile, pour chips in the pastry bag. Microwave on high for 1 minute. Massage
8. bag until chips are completely melted. Cut a tiny corner at the tip of the
9. pastry bag. Remove “pumpkins” from the refrigerator and decorate by piping
10. chocolate faces on strawberries or you can also do stripes. Refrigerate for
11. another 15-20 minutes or until completely set. Serve immediately or store in
12. refrigerator for up to 2 days.
Who doesn’t love Halloween? Check out East Silent Lake Resort’s Pinterest Page and “Halloween with ESR” board.