Do your children love deserts but you don’t have the time to make cookies or a cake? Check this out! A desert that the kids will love and ask for again and again. The best part. It will only take 20 minutes to make and you don’t even have to turn the oven on! This would be the perfect treat for the children to have after hanging out on the beach all day at East Silent Lake Resort! This recipes can be found at www.bakersroyale.com.
• 10oz. Ghirardelli white chocolate chips
• 15 regular size Oreos, plus 3 more for topping
Preparation: Line an 8×8 pan with enough parchment or wax paper for a 1 inch overhang on each side.
1. Place chocolate in a double boiler over low heat and stir continuously, until chocolate is completely melted. Transfer chocolate to a heat proof bowl and cool for 5 minutes. Add chopped Oreos and stir to combine. Pour mixture into pan. Use a spatula to smooth out top.
2. Finely chop remaining Oreos and sprinkle on top. Chill for about 10 minutes until chocolate becomes solid.
3. Lift whole bark out of pan by holding onto parchment or wax overhang. Split bark into pieces with a fork.
A few notes:
• To shave off even more time use mini Oreos to bypass chopping regular size ones.
• If white chocolate doesn’t suit your taste, use any chocolate that does.
• You can leave the top bare but keep in mind it will look slightly grey from the mix of black Oreo crumbs against the white. To avoid the unappetizing grey tint either drizzle the top with chocolate or sprinkle finely crushed Oreos on top.