It’s only February, but if you’re already dreaming of your next summer family vacation at East Silent Lake Resort, then here’s a fun, delicious, and healthy pasta salad recipe. This Greek Tortellini Salad from www.twopeasandtheirpod.com only takes 20 minutes to prepare. This pasta salad is easy to make and can be refrigerated for 2-3 days. So try out this recipe today and pretend it’s a warm summer day at East Silent Lake Resort.
Yield: Serves 8
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 7
Total Time: 20 minutes
• 1 (20 ounce) package refrigerated cheese tortellini
• 1 1/2 cups grape tomatoes, cut in half
• 1 large cucumber, chopped
• 1 cup kalamata olives, pit removed and chopped
• 1/2 red onion, chopped
• 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
For the Dressing:
• 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
• 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
• 1 clove garlic, minced
• 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
• Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the tortellini according to the package directions. Drain the tortellini and rinse with cold water.
2. Place the tortellini in a large bowl. Add the tomatoes, cucumber, olives, red onion, and feta cheese.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, garlic, oregano, salt, and pepper. Pour the dressing over the salad and stir until salad is well coated. Serve immediately or place in the refrigerator.
*Note-this salad will keep in the fridge for up to 3 days