Looking for something green to make for St. Patrick’s Day today? How about this guacamole dip from www.cookingclassy.com! This delicious, green appetizer will put you and your family is the Irish mood before a fun St. Patrick’s Day dinner. And when you’re vacationing at East Silent Lake Resort this summer, this recipe will be a great mid-day snack for your family after a morning at the lake!
• 4 Hass Avocados, peeled and seeded
• 1 1/2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
• 1/2 tsp salt
• 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
• 1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp finely chopped red onion
• 1 large Roma tomato, seeds and pulp removed then diced
• 1 clove garlic, minced
• 2 Tbsp chopped cilantro
• 1/8 – 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
• Partially mash avocados with a fork on a plate or cutting board
• Pour lime juice over top and season with salt and pepper and continue to mash to reach desired consistency.
• Transfer to a mixing bowl.
• Run chopped red onions under warm water (to remove harsh bite from onion) and add onions to avocado mixture, along with diced tomato, garlic, cilantro and cayenne pepper and stir.
• Serve with tortilla chips or alongside Mexican entrees.
Looking for more fun and delicious recipes to make while on your next vacation at East Silent Lake Resort? Check out our Pinterest page and look through our “Amazing Appetizers at ESR | Recipes” board!