This is a delicious appetizer to have at East Silent Lake Resort. Easy to make and yummy to eat. This recipe can be found at fivehearthome.com and yields about 2 dozen.
• 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
• 3/4 cup (about 3 ounces) blue cheese crumbles
• 3/4 cup dried cranberries, finely chopped
• 1 1/2 cups pecans
• Pretzel sticks
1. In a medium bowl, beat together cream cheese, blue cheese, and dried cranberries until smooth. Dampen hands to prevent sticking and form cream cheese mixture into approximately 24 tablespoon-sized balls. Cover and refrigerate for at least two hours or until firm.
2. In the meantime, toast the pecans by spreading out on a sheet pan and baking in a preheated 350°F oven until lightly toasted and fragrant, for 7 to 10 minutes. Allow pecans to cool and finely chop them.
3. Roll chilled cheese balls in chopped pecans, pressing nuts so that they adhere. Keep cheese balls refrigerated until ready to serve. Just before serving, skewer each cheese ball with a pretzel stick.