Looking for a fun quick breakfast at the lake? Try these delicious Mini French Toast Bites from www.sallysbakingaddiction.com! This recipe will make enough for four, but double it if the kids are extra hungry before they go play at East Silent Lake Resort. Add fruit, whipped cream, powdered sugar, and syrup on top for extra flavor!
• one 13 oz french baguette
• 3 large eggs
• 1/2 cup (120ml) half-and-half
• 1/2 cup (120ml) milk
• 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
• 1-2 Tablespoons unsalted butter, for greasing the pan
1. Slice baguette into 1 – 1.5 inch slices. Set aside.
2. Make ahead: In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs, half-and-half, milk, and cinnamon together until combined. The mixture will be thick and creamy. Pour in a pie dish or baking pan. At this point, you can cover the mixture up tightly and refrigerate until the morning when you are ready to make French toast.
3. Soak the bread slices in the mixture for about 2 minutes on each side.
4. Meanwhile, over medium-low heat, melt 1 Tablespoon of butter in a skillet pan.
5. Place however many slices of bread fir into the pan and cook until gold brown on each side, about 3 minutes on each side. Melt more butter in skillet pan for the next batch, if needed.
6. Serve immediately with butter, maple syrup, powdered sugar, and/or fruit.
For more great breakfast ideas check out East Silent Lake Resort’s Pinterest Page and “Breakfast at ESR | Recipes” board.