Though summer is officially over tomorrow S’mores are good any time of year! Trying this tasty recipe from handletheheat.com. This recipe makes 16 blondies and will take about an hour to make. What are you waiting for? Get cooking!
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
2 cups brown sugar, preferably dark brown
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups (11.25 ounces or 219 grams) all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 XL-sized Hershey’s milk chocolate bars
1 1/2 cups (7 1/2-ounce jar) marshmallow crème
4-5 whole graham crackers
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 8×8-inch pan and set aside.
2. In a saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter and brown sugar, stirring constantly until smooth. Remove from the heat, and stir in the peanut butter. Allow to cool while combining the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large mixing bowl.
3. Add the eggs to the cooled peanut butter mixture, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Add the vanilla extract and stir to combine. Pour the mixture into the prepared dry ingredients, and stir to create a thick, smooth batter.
4. Divide the dough in half and press half into the prepared pan, spreading evenly to the edges of the pan. Place the graham crackers then the chocolate bars over the dough. Spread the marshmallow crème evenly over the chocolate.
Scoop out balls of the remaining dough and flatten completely. Top the marshmallow crème evenly with the flatten dough to cover completely.
5. Bake for 30-35 minutes until the top is golden and the edges are slightly browned. Allow to cool in the pan. Cut into 1-2 inch squares and serve.