This Tuscan Chicken Skillet recipe from www.thewanderlustkitchen.com is simply, yet delicious and even healthy! This dish is the perfect dinner recipe for the family to enjoy while on vacation at East Silent Lake Resort. The cannellini beans turn this skillet dish into a one-pan meal by adding extra protein and bulk. Who doesn’t like a “one-pan” meal when it means less dishes for you! This Tuscan Chicken Skillet recipe serves about 4 people and only takes 45 minutes to make. Try it out during your next stay at East Silent Lake Resort!
Prep time = 15 minutes
Cook time = 30 minutes
Total time = 45 minutes
• 2 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
• 1 lb. chicken breast tenderloins
• 1 tsp. kosher salt
• 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
• 1 tsp. oregano
• ½ tsp. thyme
• ½ yellow onion, diced
• 3 cloves garlic, minced
• 12 oz. mushrooms, sliced
• ⅔ c. sundried tomatoes, chopped
• 1 (15 oz) can Cannelini Beans, drained and rinsed
• 2 (15 oz) cans fire roasted diced tomatoes
• 1 Tbsp. sugar
• Salt and pepper, to taste
• Parsley for garnish
1. Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large sauté pan or cast iron skillet over medium-high heat, then add the chicken and brown for 3 minutes on each side until it’s nice and caramelized.
2. Remove chicken and set aside on a plate.
3. Add the remaining tablespoon olive oil to the pan. Add the sliced mushrooms in a single layer and brown, working in batches, a few minutes per side. Once they are browned on both sides, spoon them out of the pan and set them aside.
4. Add the onion and sauté for 3 minutes.
5. Add the garlic, and sundried tomatoes. Sauté for 2 minutes.
6. Stir in the diced tomatoes, spices, beans, and sugar.
7. Transfer the chicken back to the pan and spoon some of the sauce and vegetables over top of the chicken. Cook, covered, on the stovetop until the chicken is cooked through and the sauce is bubbling, about ten minutes.
8. Return the mushrooms to the pan. Taste and add salt and pepper as needed. Serve hot, garnished with parsley.