For those times when you can’t decide if you want brownies or cookies, you can make brookies! With a brownie base and topped with peanut butter cookie dough, this is the ultimate dessert that your family will love. This is a great recipe for the lake. Try out this recipe from www.shugarysweets.com the next time you are on vacation at East Silent Lake Resort.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Yield: 24 bars
Ingredients: For the Brownie layer:
• 1 cup granulated sugar
• 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
• 3 large eggs
• 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
• 2 cup semi-sweet chocolate morsels
For the Cookie layer:
• 1/2 cup butter flavored Crisco
• 2 Tbsp unsalted butter, softened
• 2 Tbsp milk
• 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
• 1/4 cup granulated sugar
• 1 cup light brown sugar
• 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
• 1 large egg
• 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
• 1 tsp kosher salt
• 2 tsp baking powder
• 1 cup peanut butter morsels
• 8oz bag Reese’s mini peanut butter cups
1. For the brownie layer, melt chocolate chips with butter for 1 1/2 minutes in microwave safe glass bowl. Stir until smooth. Add sugar, flour and eggs and combine completely.
2. Pour into a 13×9 baking dish lined with parchment paper.
3. For the cookie dough, beet crisco with butter. Beat in milk, vanilla, sugars, peanut butter and egg. Add flour salt and baking powder. Fold in peanut butter morsels and Reese’s mini PB cups.
4. Drop cookie dough onto brownie batter layer. Smooth evenly.
5. Bake in a 375 degree oven for 35-40 minutes. Remove and cool completely. Refrigerate and cut into bars.