Minnesotans love a good casserole or hot dish recipe. This One Pot Cheeseburger Casserole recipe from www.damndelicious.com will be hard to resist. This One Pot Cheeseburger Casserole only takes a total of 30 minutes and is all made in one skillet, which means less clean up for you! Perfect for a quick meal while on vacation at East Silent Lake Resort. You’re family will love this cheesy, pasta casserole!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 8 servings
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
• 1 onion, diced
• Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
• 1 (28-ounce) can whole peeled tomatoes, roughly chopped
• 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
• 2 cups chicken broth
• 1/4 cup ketchup
• 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
• 1 pound rotini pasta
• 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
• 1 Roma tomato, diced
• 2 green onions, sliced
1. Heat olive oil in a large stockpot or Dutch oven over medium high heat. Add ground beef and onion and cook until beef has browned, about 3-5 minutes, making sure to crumble the beef as it cooks; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Drain excess fat.
2. Stir in tomatoes, tomato sauce, chicken broth, ketchup, mustard, pasta and 2 cups water. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat and simmer until pasta is cooked through, about 13-16 minutes.
3. Remove from heat and top with cheese. Cover until cheese has melted, about 2 minutes.
4. Serve immediately, garnished with tomato and green onions, if desired.